The City of Liberty is being redesigned and will be “UNDER CONSTRUCTION for the next week.
To receive the Liberty Buzz newsletter electronically, please email email@example.com with “Newsletter” as the subject from the email address that you would like to have the newsletter sent to. If you would like for the electronic version to replace your paper copy, please provide your name and mailing address in the body of the email. The newsletter will automatically go paperless next year.
- City Council meeting
Monday, Dec. 8 at 6 pm at the Rosewood Center
- Join our newly formed Community Enrichment Committee, which will coordinate community-boosting activities such as adult education courses along with festivals and just-for-fun events! Everyone is welcome to volunteer.
Attend the next Community Enrichment Committee Meeting to find out more: Monday, Dec. 29 at 6 pm at the Rosewood Center (419 E. Main St., Liberty)
- Thank you to the staff, volunteers and participants who made our Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony and our Christmas parade a success this year! Congratulations to the following winning parade entries:
Spotlight Dance Company (Best Overall), LHS JROTC (Best Walking Group), Liberty First Preschool (Best Float), 8U Liberty Raiders (Best Band/Team), and US MTM (Best Vehicle)
- Citizens and civic organizations can now contribute to the beautification and maintenance of our community through Liberty’s new Adopt-a-Road program! Download the application here: adopt a road application
- Miss Liberty pageant – Dec. 13 at Liberty High School
Join the American Legion now!
Liberty Post 67
Call Post Commander Frank Cantrell at 787-2322
(war time veterans only)
The Foothills Humane Society is in need of donations! Their wish list includes the following:
- old towels and blankets
- cleaning supplies (bleach, detergents, paper towels, etc.)
- pet supplies (shampoo, grooming supplies, feed dishes)
- clay-type kitty litter
- toys and treats
- dry pet foods
- monetary donations – checks payable to Foothills Humane Society
- Volunteers to visit pets and keep the shelter up and running
Call 843-9693 for more information.