- Citizens and civic organizations can now contribute to the beautification and maintenance of our community through Liberty’s new Adopt-a-Road program! Download the application here: adopt a road application
- Pickens County Meals on Wheels’ Senior Activity and Meal Center is having a membership drive and cookout on Thursday, Sept. 18 from 11 am – 1 pm! All seniors are welcome to come out for music, games and free food!
- Liberty Rec Homecoming Super Saturday is Saturday, Sept. 20! Games will begin at 9 am and go on throughout the day at the football stadium.
- The Pickens County Humane Society is having a fundraiser yard sale and bake sale Saturday, Sept. 27! Show up to support the cause, or drop off donated items for the sale in advance. More info here: humane society yard sale
- Birchwood Book and Author Fair – Saturday, Sept. 20; 10 am – 4 pm. Regional authors will be selling, signing and reading their work!
- Become the next Miss Liberty! From the director:We proudly announce the official Miss South Carolina Local Preliminary pageant crowning Miss Liberty & Miss Liberty Teen as well as Miss Pickens County & Pickens County Teen. Pageant will be held Saturday, November 8th with interviews on November 7th for the contestants. The pageant on the evening of the 8th will begin at 6:30pm, with a roaring 20′s theme! Our focus this year is to bring the pageant back to the area and focus on some home town girls! The preliminary pageant is being held at the newly renovated Rosewood Center, 418 E. Main Street, Liberty. Tickets and seating will be limited! We are currently seeking contestants in the age range of 13 years to age 24 that will compete in all aspects of pageantry including interview, talent, physical fitness, and evening gown! Deadline for entry is October 22nd. Contact Local Executive Director, Misty Medlin at 864.505.2148 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Join the American Legion now!
Liberty Post 67
Call Post Commander Frank Cantrell at 787-2322
(war time veterans only)
The Foothills Humane Society is in need of donations! Their wish list includes the following:
- old towels and blankets
- cleaning supplies (bleach, detergents, paper towels, etc.)
- pet supplies (shampoo, grooming supplies, feed dishes)
- clay-type kitty litter
- toys and treats
- dry pet foods
- monetary donations – checks payable to Foothills Humane Society
- Volunteers to visit pets and keep the shelter up and running
Call 843-9693 for more information.