To receive the Liberty Buzz newsletter electronically, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Newsletter” as the subject from the email address that you would like to have the newsletter sent to. If you would like for the electronic version to replace your paper copy, please provide your name and mailing address in the body of the email. The newsletter will automatically go paperless next year.
- Fall for Liberty Bluegrass Festival and Chili Cook-off – Sat., Oct. 25 10 am – 5 pm
- Downtown Trick-or-Treat – Friday, Oct. 31
- Liberty Rec basketball sign-ups: Oct. 20 – Nov. 7 (M-F from 8-12 and 1-5 at City Hall)
- Citizens and civic organizations can now contribute to the beautification and maintenance of our community through Liberty’s new Adopt-a-Road program! Download the application here: adopt a road application
- 141 West, formerly Meme’s Sweet Treasures, is now open at their new location (141 West Front St., Liberty) with a variety of items and vendors!
- Become the next Miss Liberty! From the director:We proudly announce the official Miss South Carolina Local Preliminary pageant crowning Miss Liberty & Miss Liberty Teen as well as Miss Pickens County & Pickens County Teen. Pageant will be held Saturday, November 8th with interviews on November 7th for the contestants. The pageant on the evening of the 8th will begin at 6:30pm, with a roaring 20′s theme! Our focus this year is to bring the pageant back to the area and focus on some home town girls! The preliminary pageant is being held at the newly renovated Rosewood Center, 418 E. Main Street, Liberty. Tickets and seating will be limited! We are currently seeking contestants in the age range of 13 years to age 24 that will compete in all aspects of pageantry including interview, talent, physical fitness, and evening gown! Deadline for entry is October 22nd. Contact Local Executive Director, Misty Medlin at 864.505.2148 or by email at email@example.com for more information.
Join the American Legion now!
Liberty Post 67
Call Post Commander Frank Cantrell at 787-2322
(war time veterans only)
The Foothills Humane Society is in need of donations! Their wish list includes the following:
- old towels and blankets
- cleaning supplies (bleach, detergents, paper towels, etc.)
- pet supplies (shampoo, grooming supplies, feed dishes)
- clay-type kitty litter
- toys and treats
- dry pet foods
- monetary donations – checks payable to Foothills Humane Society
- Volunteers to visit pets and keep the shelter up and running
Call 843-9693 for more information.