City Offices Open June 1, 2020
City Hall, Utility Billing, Public Works & Recreation Office
- City Hall and the Recreation Office are now open to walk-in traffic by the public. As we all continue to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 and other viruses, we ask that customers and visitors utilize other methods of conducting business with the city when you have symptoms of COVID-19 or other sicknesses involving viruses (for example, cold, flu). Other methods of conducting city business include phone calls, emails, mail, utility drop box and online payments.
- No utility late fees will be applied until June 20, 2020 when a late fee will be applied to any unpaid balance. Also the new $2.50 monthly bulk items fee (brush & brown goods) will not go into effect until the June billing cycle. If you are not able to pay a current balance by the due date, please call or email the utility billing office. The Utility Billing phone number is 843-3177, Option 2. For more contact information, visit our website at https://www.libertysc.com/contact-us.
- The City does not have a payment portal for business licenses, hospitality tax, and building & zoning permits but customers may make a card payment by calling the Utility Billing Office at 843-3177, Option 2. The $5.00 fee for making phone payments will be waived. Utility customers may also make phone payments.
- Business License Renewals--the annual renewal of business licenses normally due April 30, 2020 will be due fifteen (15) days after the IRS filing due date which is currently July 15, 2020. If the IRS filing date is extended due to the COVID-19 emergency, the City’s business license due date will also be extended fifteen days.
- Hospitality Tax--the hospitality tax normally due March 20, 2020 and April 20, 2020 will be due on May 20, 2020. If a business has no basis for a hospitality tax for the month, the business is still required to file a monthly return.